Apple has determined that a very small percentage of 13-inch MacBook Pro displays may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
- Display backlight continuously or intermittently shows vertical bright areas along the entire bottom of the screen
- Display backlight stops working completely
Affected devices were sold between October 2016 and February 2018. Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will service affected MacBook Pro units, free of charge.
To identify your computer’s model and to see if it is eligible for this program, choose Apple () menu > About This Mac. Eligible models are listed below.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Note: No other Mac notebook models are part of this program.
Please choose one of the options below for service. Your MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program.
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
To prepare your unit for service, please backup your data.
Note: If your MacBook Pro has any damage which impairs the service, that issue will need to be repaired first. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.
This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of your MacBook Pro.
If you believe your MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your display repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.
The program covers eligible MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.